The Glorious Backrub!
Our next workshop has not yet been scheduled - check back for more information.
This one-day workshop is a wonderful introduction to Swedish Massage and Therapeutic Massage techniques. It is open to the public, as well as prospective students of the massage school.
- One set of twin sized sheets (larger will work). sheets are also available at the School for rent, for $5 a set.
- A bottle of natural, unscented oil or lotion that is not mineral-based. These are available for purchase at the School for $8, or can be found in Arcata at Moonrise Herbs, The Co-Op or Wildberries.
- Lunch and snacks. Water and tea are available at the School.
- Please be freshly showered and free from fragrances or smoke odor.
- Wear light, comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement. Make sure your sleeves are short or can be rolled above the elbow. Please do not wear tank tops, low-cut shirts, short skirts or shorts, or anything otherwsie potentially revealing.
- Please do not wear jewelry.
- Please wear your hair back if it is long.
- Please cut your nails short. Bringing a nail file is recommended.
- We will be learning professional draping. There will be no nudity in the classroom.
- If you have any contagious illness, please note that it is contraindicated to give or recieve massage.
- If you have health conditions such as high blood-pressure, inflammation, non-contagious skin conditions, diabetes, medications that alter perceptions of pain or touch, or may be pregnant, please contact the School at (707)822-5223.
- Please be aware that both women and men will be taking part in the workshop. Participants will be paired with another class member unless attending with a partner.
Click here to view and print the Workshop Registration form. Once complete, mail the form with your payment to: Arcata School of Massage, 145 G St. Suite E, Arcata, CA 95521.
Or drop by the school, we're open seven days a week!